Table of Contents
Whether it’s software development or project management, leading an agile team is not an easy task at all. It’s hard to focus on work while jumping from your daily scrum to the next sprint. Things can anytime go haywire if you don’t have the right agile tools in your arsenal. That’s why we are going to discuss 11 superb agile tools for software teams to help them respond to changes quickly and effectively.
Here are 13 must-have agile tools that help software teams to collaborate better:
Cacoo is an easy-to-use online diagramming application for planning, organizing, sharing, and optimizing your ideas. With real-time collaborative editing and a large selection of templates and shapes ready to use, your team can create professional diagrams in minutes. Flowcharts, mind maps, wireframes, network diagrams, and more are easy with Cacoo’s intuitive editor.
- Real-time collaborative editing lets you see who’s editing what as it happens
- On-diagram comments and mentioning for contextual feedback
- Extensive library of professional templates and shapes
- Version history tracked automatically, so you can always revert changes
- Feel like you’re working side by side with your team, no matter where they are
Backlog is an all-in-one online project management tool for task management, version control, and bug tracking. Bringing together the organizational benefits of project management with the power and convenience of code management, Backlog enhances team collaboration across organizations large and small. Plan work, track progress, and release code updates right in Backlog.
- Task management, bug tracking, and version control in one tool
- Visual Gantt and Burndown charts for better planning and resource management
- Built-in Git and SVN repositories
- Custom statuses and workflows to suit your project
- Mobile app for Android and iOS users
If you’re looking for an all-in-one project management software to be used by agile teams or remote teams, ProofHub is the answer. ProofHub lets you plan, organize, collaborate, and deliver agile projects without much effort. You can share ideas, create documents, start discussions with this collaborative software.
- Simplify the way you manage tasks by defining their flow
- Visual timeline for tasks to better plan and manage resources
- Clear insights on how projects are running
- Keep track of time being spent on tasks
- Mobile app for Android and iOS users
Hansoft is a perfect agile planning tool to develop speed, power, and get valuable insights. It acts as a single platform to do all the decision-making and collaborate at various levels such as project, program and portfolio. Hansoft can easily take care of dispersed teams, changing goals, and tight schedules.
- Supports large-scale Agile frameworks
- Stay informed of progress through real-time dashboards
- Gantt charts to hit deadlines and solve dependencies
- Refine, prioritize, and give other attribute to deliverables
- Integrates with Perforce Helix Core, LDAP, Jira, and Git
JIRA is a light web-based tool for task and issue-tracking. Apart from providing some kickass features, JIRA is known to offer a number of great plugins that can take your agile development a notch higher. It offers advanced reporting features such as cumulative flow diagram, burnout charts, and sprint reports to indicate the overall progress.
- Customizable scrum boards to visualize work
- Powerful search and filtering
- Seamless source and issue integration
- Bugs and defect management
- On-the-go mobile app
As an agile project management software, the only goal of Clickup is to move quickly and easily. Whether you’re a developer, manager, or anyone getting things done — there’s a view for you as it comes with different views for different purpose. Each project can have its own personalized set of statuses that can be edited, reordered, and colored.
- Create items instantly and assign to others
- Stay highly organized with its tree structure
- 100 percent customizable
- Integrations include GitHub, Slack, Harvest, Everhour and more
With LeanKit, one can visualize his team’s work as it flows through your process making way for successful project delivery. The kanban board in LeanKit uses cards to represent work visualize work. Moreover, there are instant status updates are visible to both in-house team members and remote workers. It increases accountability and efficiency by streamlining and centralizing communication for all.
- Continuous improvement and innovation
- Reduce the risk of misunderstandings and delays with built-in collaboration features
- Powerful reporting and analytics to never lose sight of business
- Track progress and identify potential problems
Hygger is an agile project management software designed to help you do the work that matters. You can establish specific and measurable goals for clear and effortless progress tracking. It is a perfect tool for software development, product management, designing teams to come together and deliver projects seamlessly.
- Intelligent prioritization using Value/Effort Matrix
- Track your tasks on Kanban boards
- Manage files, documents, conversations, checklists at one place
- Integrable with Slack, Dropbox, Drive, and many more
If you’re looking for state-of-the-art project management software, look no further – ActiveCollab is your next step towards better project workflow. It is an intuitive and affordable solution that makes task management and project planning a breeze. With plenty of useful add-ons, it’s a one-stop solution for all your business needs.
- Task dependencies come with automatic rescheduling
- Organize tasks into lists and filter them by people, labels, or due dates
- Attach files, set due dates, add reminders, and stay notified
- All comments, changes, and notifications occur in real-time
10. Pivotal Tracker
Pivotal Tracker is one of those agile tools that keep your team on the rails. In this robust tool, you get a shared view of team priorities, a process that fosters collaboration, and dynamic tools that analyze progress. Thus, it acts as a platform that let teams to deliver more frequently and consistently. Get more work done more often with Pivotal Tracker.
Why Pivotal Tracker:
- Visualize scope and make clear priorities with shared backlog
- Breakdown projects into manageable chunks with guided iteration planning
- Arrange projects side by side for an accessible view
- Determine health of a project with detailed analytics
Trello is quite a popular app for organizing and prioritizing tasks and projects. It comes with boards, lists, and cards that helps you collaborate and get more work done. Due to the ease it and the visual treat it
offers to users, it is already being used by many Fortune 500 companies and leading startups in the world.
- Add comments, attachments directly to Trello cards
- Power-up your workflow to meet your business needs
- Stays in sync across all of your devices
Taiga is a project management platform for agile developers and designers who want a simple tool that makes work faster, easier, and smarter. Kanban cards in Taiga are like an index card where you can post important project details.
- Customize everything in detail
- Simple and intuitive
- Give projects a touch of your own
Axosoft takes care of everything that other agile project management tools lack. From efficient planning to visual tracking of the progress, Axosoft is also beautiful to look at and simple to use.
- Custom dashboards provide a concise overview of your velocity, projected ship date and other details
- See the capacity of your sprint, team, and team members at a glance
- Customize and edit item cards, add work logs, and see work-in-progress limits
If you are developing agile project management tools and you need software development help, let us know, we are excited about working on cool projects!
If you liked this article about Agile Tools, you might like…