Table of Contents
At Apiumhub we love to collaborate with events in the tech community. This time, we are proud supporters of YOW! LONDON 2022, a conference that brings together developers and internationally renowned speakers to thoroughly examine new technologies and industry best practices. It will take place on November 29-30 in London.
This year YOW! Conferences have joined forces with GOTO, a leading software development conference, to take the experience to the next level, so you do not want to miss this event. It is an excellent opportunity for tech leaders, developers, architects, and business innovation leaders to learn about the latest tech trends, get informed, and meet like-minded people in the industry.
Meet the speakers
YOW conferences always feature internationally recognized experts and this year is no exception. More than 25 speakers will be present at the conference to share their knowledge and opinions on a variety of topics in the tech industry. Speakers include:
- Simon Brown – Creator of the famous C4 model, Author of “Software Architecture for Developers” & Founder of Structurizr
- Linda Rising – Independent Consultant, Author of numerous books & Queen of patterns
- Clare Sudbery – Independent Technical Coach specialized in TDD, refactoring, continuous integration, and other eXtreme Programming (XP) practices
- Daniel Terhorst-North – Technology and Organisational Change Specialist & Originator of Behavior-Driven Development (BDD)
- Dave Farley – Pioneer of Continuous Delivery & Author of the books “Continuous Delivery” and “Modern Software Engineer”
- Patrick Kua – Author of numerous books, runs Level Up & Tech Lead Academy
- Jessica Kerr – Developer, Writer, Podcaster & Speaker
- Russ Miles – Chaos Engineer Thought Leader & Author of multiple books including “Antifragile Software: Building Adaptable Software with Microservices”
- Liz Keogh – Lean and Agile Consultant & Passionate Advocate of the Cynefin framework and of Wardley Mapping
- Don Syme – Principal Researcher at Github, Designer of the #F language
- Adam Day – Data Scientist at SAGE Publishing
- Adam Tornhill – Founder, CTO & Senior Developer at CodeScene, Author of “Software Design X-Rays & “Your Code As a Crime Scene“
- Aino Vonge Corry – Retrospectives Master & Author of “Retrospectives Antipatterns“
- Chris Richardson – Developer & Architect, Author of “POJOs in Action“ and “Microservices patterns“, Founder at Eventuate
- Christian Clausen – Tech Lead, Technical Agile Coach & author of “Five Lines of Code“
- Dylan Beattie – Consultant, Software Developer, International keynote speaker & Creator of the Rockstar programming language
- Ebru Cucen – Hands-on architect & Lead Consultant at OpenCredo
- Francesco Cesarini – Founder, & Technical Director at Erland Solutions, Co-author of “Erlang Programming“ and “Designing for Scalability with Erlang/OTP“
- Hannes Lowette – Developer, Coach & Microsoft MVP.
- Jeff Williams – CTO & co-founder of Contrast Security
- Jesse Anderson – Data Engineer, Creative Engineer, and Managing Director of Big Data Institute
- Jonas Mayer – Senior Consultant at TNG Technology
- Lorna Jane Mitchell – Developer Evangelist and Author of “Git Workbook”, “PHP Web Services” and “PHP Master”
- Martin Förtsch – Principal Consultant at TNG Technology Consulting
- Martin Thompson – High-Performance Computing Specialist & Java Champion
- Randy Shoup – VP Engineering and Chief Architect at eBay.
- Robert Virding – Principal Language Expert at Erlang Solutions Ltd, co-inventor of the Erland language
- Sarah Wells – Technology Leader, Consultant, and Conference speaker with a focus on microservices, engineering enablement, observability, and DevOps.
- Thomas Endres – Partner for TNG Technology Consulting in Munich
- Vagif Abilov – Senior Consultant at Miles with over 30+ years of experience
Talks & Masterclasses
As mentioned before, attendees will enjoy a program full of genuine tech stars, pioneers, inventors, and best-selling authors. Here are some of the talks that will be presented at the event:
- Doubling Engineering Productivity at eBay Using DevOps – Randy Shoup
- Why Most Data Projects Fail and How to Avoid It – Jesse Anderson
- Engineering Documentation – Lorna Jane Mitchell
- Who Do You Trust? Beware of Your Brain! – Linda Rising
- Reliable Messaging in the World of Actors – Vagif Abilov
- What Your Mother Never Told you About Agile Development – Aino Vonge Corry
- …and many more!
Besides having two days of conference talks and networking sessions, attendees also have the chance to purchase a ticket for an in-person Masterclass. There are six Masterclasses available to choose from including:
- “Building an event sourced system in C#” with Hannes Lowette
- “Code as a Crime Scene” with Adam Tornhill
- “Communication for Development Teams” with Dylan Beattie
- “Five Lines of Code” with Christian Clausen
- “Visualising software architecture with the C4 model”
- “DDD Design Patterns”
YOW signature conferences are usually held in Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane, but this year, the conference will take place in London for the first time ever. The venue chosen is CodeNode, a multi-purpose modern tech venue commonly used for digital, creative, and innovative events. Although the event is in person, there are also tickets for sale to have online access to the conference.
Tickets for the YOW! LONDON conference this year are still on sale, in case you are interested in attending. Use code Community20 to get an extra 20% off on yours. For more information about the schedule and speakers, visit their site. See you on November 29-30!