Users want two essential things when they interact with brands: great user experiences and security. Customer identity and access management solution ( CIAM ) helps you do both.
What is CIAM?
Customer identity and access management (CIAM) is a solution focused specifically on managing the identities of customers who need access to corporate websites, web portals and webshops. The main idea behind CIAM is that instead of managing user accounts in every instance of a software application of a company, the identity is managed in a CIAM component, making reuse of the identity possible. The biggest differentiator between CIAM and IAM is that in CIAM the consumers of the service manage their own accounts and profile data.
CIAM usually provides a combination of features including customer registration, self-service account management, consent and preference management, single sign-on (SSO), multi-factor authentication (MFA), access management, directory services and data access governance.
The best CIAM solutions ensure a secure, seamless customer experience at extreme scale and performance, no matter which digital channels (web, mobile, etc.) customers use to engage with a brand.
These solutions can be delivered via software that can be deployed on-premises, in private clouds or via API-first Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS) platforms.
Most used CIAM features
- Single Sign-On
- Access Management
- Account Management
- Activity Monitoring
- Password Management
- Multi Factor Auth
- Social login
- API Access Management
- Passwordless Login
- Compliance Management
The benefits of a CIAM
- CIAM technology provides a customer self-care portal so that when customers and users define their preferences, it gets stored in a unified customer profile which can then be used to create consistent experiences on every channel they’re on.
- CIAM improves customer login experience making it easier and more efficient
- Provides a unified and coherent customer experience
- Reduces abandonment rates
- Improves overall security by avoiding poor passwords
- Offers scalable customer identity management
- Eases the process of user migration off of legacy systems
- Provides granular user-centric preferences so they can decide how the firm uses their data, and other capabilities to ensure that regional data storage and other privacy mandates are met.
- Reduces the pain for maintaining several difficult passwords
- Helps provide a holistic view of the user
- Improves agility
- Increases loyalty
We believe that Customer identity and access management solution makes a difference nowadays, therefore we have developed VYou – customer identity and access management solution, which offers user related features in a box, ready from day one. If you are interested in exploring this tool: visit VYou App website or Request a Demo. And if you need help with the CIAM integration or customization, let us know, Apiumhub is expert in this type of projects!