Table of Contents
For the last decade, we have been observing the largest rate of increase in mobile technology deployment, services and subscriber base. As mobile devices become cheaper and network coverage becomes more and more powerful, the use of mobile technologies is still on the rise.
Mobile technology has the ability to bridge gaps (connectivity gaps, distance, gaps, class gaps) by connecting people in an integrated manner and providing a range of services to people who were previously unable to access them whether due to financial or location reasons.
Mobile Technology and coding for young generations.
We all now that our innovative and technological future is in the hands of our next generations; it was so and will be always like that. Doing a research, I found some interesting facts related to the topic. For example, according to the survey, in 2015 there were already 15 EU countries that have integrated coding in the school program (Estonia, France, Spain, Slovakia, UK). Soon 9 EU countries plan to ingrate coding at primary school level (Belgium, Finland, Poland, Portugal). Coding at upper secondary school level in general education: 12 EU countries: Austria, Bulgaria, Denmark, Estonia, France, Hungary, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Slovakia, Spain and the UK. The primary aim why so many countries make some changes is to develop student’s logical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Where can mobile technology drive development?
There are three of the key areas where mobile technology can drive development: healthcare, finance & business.
Scientists haven’t created an elixir of immortality. However, with the help of mobile technology you can track your health and remain in a good shape. Mobile devices generated the new direction in medicine which is called mHealth.
What is it? Mobile + Health = Mhealth. Smartphone, wearables, etc. allow you to track health indicators, for example temperature, pressure or pulse. It is called mHealth.
Currently, we can see three directions in which Mhealth technology is developing:
- Fitness. Calculation of steps, pulse, monitoring the phases of sleep. Later on, analysis of these data. This direction is one the most popular nowadays
- Diagnostics. An opportunity to collect data and to receive feedback from the expert in the health industry. The direction gains strength now.
- Medicine. Watch a condition of the person and make certain decisions, suggestions. For example, devices may tell the doctor about the health situation and notify him if it is getting worse. Medical direction is one of the most serious and complex ones.. That’s why it develops slowly especially if compare it to the fitness applications.
How does mHealth work?
The easiest way to imagine mHealth, as the quaternary system:
- a mobile device that collects information from the sensors
- means of communication
- storage and analysis of information
Also, some of these devices can be integrated. For example, the medical instrument of tracking sugar level integrates the first three components in the blood (sensors, the mobile device and communication); storage and information analysis can be carried out as on the server, and personally, by the doctor.
Under the means of communication are supposed to be the Internet or cellular communication. In the first case, it becomes possible to transfer video along with data from the sensors, which opens up interesting possibilities for consultations.
Let me share with you one of the latest news about Mobile Health Technology: mHealth Market is expected to reach USD 79.38 Billion Revenue by 2022. Keep an eye on it!
Mobile technology in Health; Innovative projects
- SIMpill is an innovative solution that will control, remind and monitor everything that is related to the medicine taking topic. Thanks to the mobile technology their devices can be connected to the application and are able to send text message to the patient’s and/or caregiver’s mobile phone if the patient does not take his or her medication as prescribed. All the data happen in real-time.
- AgaMatrix is another innovative product for diabetes care. Their core principle is the accuracy of data and their patterned technology is able to extract such information that was previously inaccessible with traditional electrochemical methods in blood glucose monitoring. Of course, all devices can be connected to mobile devices.
- AliveCor and their Kardia Mobile innovative product. Sadly to remind, but heart disease still exists and this smart solution together with mobile technology can help many of us to control the heart rhythm and prevent heart disease and stroke
- AthenaHealth is an American company, one of the leaders in the mHealth now. Their technologies and products support daily hospitals, medical centers and private clients by tracking performance data, processing claims, managing administrative tasks and so much more.
- Medtronic is another global leader in mobile technologies for healthcare, having offices all around the world. They’re collaborating with others to take on the industry’s greatest challenges and transform healthcare into something bigger and smarter.
- iHealth Cloud is a wireless gluco-monitoring system; a portable, shareable, personal diabetes data management device.
- Catalia Health is a smart personal healthcare companion. Catalia is based on mobile technology and cloud intelligence being a connection between patients and medical practices engaging by any mobile device, laptop or tablet.
- Weltel knows a little bit more about mHealth and mobile technology for medical industry. Their main goal is to provide their model of evidence-based mHealth support to clinical care settings globally. WelTel is at the forefront of mHealth reform, redefining the way healthcare professionals operate.
Mobile Technology in Finance solutions
Certainly, both business and finance go through digital transformation, it is an organic process of development, which has been predicted for a long time. It is obvious that this development seeks for the maximum simplification. From cash to plastic cards, from a nonrelocatable to mobility and a cloud computing. The market of payments looks towards contactless payment, plastic cards gradually consign to the past as it has already happened to payment terminals. In the near future (already) phone will become the main means of payment. Therefore, two technologies are actively developing now – NFC and Bluetooth 4.0. Each of them has its own advantages.
- Digit is a project supported by FinTech that helps you to save money in a better way and always have an access to them. First, you need to connect your checking account, so Digit can analyze your income and spendings and figure out how much money it can safely set aside for you. It uses 128-bit bank-level security, so it doesn’t store your bank login. Every day, Digit tries to move some money from your checking account to your Digit account. When you need your savings, send Digit a text message and you will get your Digit savings back to your checking account next business day.
- Acorns automatically invests your spare change. Our mobile-first investment platform enables commission free investing, portfolio management.
- Bankaroo is a virtual bank for kids. Can you imagine this? The idea is to help children learn how to manage their savings by using mobile technologies and interactive manner.
Finally, if you have giant ideas related to Mobile technology or Mobile development, you can contact us to get a feedback on how to implement this projects into reality.
I recommend you to subscribe to our monthly newsletters and receive news in the tech world from the first hands.