Embracing the Mobile shift

Share This Post

Smartphone usage keeps on growing at a very fast pace and that means that people are just more and more addicted to their phones in many different ways. We are witnessing what is called The Mobile Shift. During the event, we talked about the two main opportunities that this high mobile usage represents; IOT & m-commerce.

IOT in the way that there are huge possibilities of change in the way we live our everyday life, connecting all our platforms and devices to each other, and for that, was given an amazing example of samsung that is a sort of pioneer. Here you can watch a video which illustrates very well how mobile dominates our lives and where we are going in terms of technology.

Regarding m-commerce, it keeps on growing and how today, all retailers should absolutely be mobile oriented and offer that option to their customers in order no to loose to their competitors as this need has been increasing and has also changed the customer journey map.

Key highlights about the mobile shift

  1. Mobile gives huge opportunities regardless number of employees and industry. Whatsapp – 50 employees/1000 million users. 20 thousand millions sms/day.
  2. Customer journey starts with: 65% on a smartphone, 25% on a desktop and 11% on a tablet.
  3. On average 23% of people have 3+ things connected to their mobile phone (fridge, air-conditioning, oven, etc.)
  4. More iPhones sold than people born every day
  5. It’s predicted that mobile commerce will account for almost half of all e-commerce by 2018
  6. Switch to instant messaging communication between a brand and a client
  7. 48% of consumers start mobile research with a search engine, but 33% go directly to the site they want.
  8. 52% of people use their smatphones after waking up and 46% before going to sleep
  9. Apps account for 89% of mobile media time, with the other 11% spent on websites.
  10. 71% of marketers believe mobile marketing is core to their business.
  11. 58% of companies have a dedicated mobile marketing team.
  12. 68% of companies have included mobile marketing into their overall marketing strategy.
  Uninstall a mobile app; how to avoid it

It is a well-known fact that mobile has become the center of our universe and therefore it is very important to follow mobile trends and adapt your marketing strategy towards mobile; embrace the “mobile shift”. Responsive web design is the first step! And our next articles will be about why it is a must to go responsive, how to do it and what are the current trends in responsive web design.

Do you want to discuss the possibilities for your company ? Please contact us, we will be happy to discuss your project!

Don’t forget to subscribe to our monthly newsletter to receive latest trends in the mobile world!

If you found this article interesting, you might like…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Get updates from our latest tech findings

Have a challenging project?

We Can Work On It Together

apiumhub software development projects barcelona
Secured By miniOrange